This morning’s sermon was preached by Rev Donald Pryce of St James’ Gatley, and was live-tweeted here https://twitter.com/StMaggieP
It was based on Luke 13:10-17:
- The gospel is always relevant.
- Trust God to always use his initiative!
- Jesus cured a woman on the sabbath. Shouldn’t he have been worshipping?
- We wear “Sunday best”, but what if God’s work needs to be done?
- Jesus saw a woman in distress and took the initiative.
- Jesus is always ready to receive us and embrace us – no questions asked
- Jesus did what was right and necessary, regardless of custom or tradition
- Jesus calls us by name. Do we hear him?
- Jesus teaches us that the time is always right to do God’s work, to do good for others.